Monday, June 25, 2007
SIX WEIRD THINGS ABOUT ME:
6. I don't like my food mix in together, maybe next to each other or touching each other but no mixing them all up. I guess that is a carried over neurotic tendency of my obsessive desire to have organization of some sort in my life... so that I can function in a more harmonious environment... Or maybe I just would like to savor each dish separately and have my palate distinguish the unique taste of each and so my brain can appreciate each taste in its simpler form.
5. My house has night lights all over, I like it that way so when it gets dark, it gives me the relaxing feeling that the dim lights give out. I never need to turn any light switch on to go around the house... the night lights provide enough lighting to get from one spot to another. Another reason is my two 4-legged children that can be anywhere in the house spread out asleep. I sure don't want to be stepping on them in the dark.
4. The need to clean the entire house all in the same day. I never thought it was weird to clean your place all in one time that you are doing it until I was enlightened by a few people. It has always been my way of doing it. Again my neurotic tendency comes out with the way I clean. When I clean, I really clean from inside, out, upside, down, underneath and over not missing a spot, even the spot that people will never see.
3. Two things I have to put on to feel completely dressed, otherwise, I feel nekkid... perfume and a pair of earrings. It is not the same to me to be all dressed up without my White Linen or Nina Ricci perfume and a pair of earring in my ears.
2. My lipstick and my toe nail polish have to RED... love it, love it, love it!!! And at this age, I can wear any wild color, right??? I usually get my spa pedicure every two weeks and red it will on those massaged pampered toes. And my lips really feel very secured when they are covered with red lipstick... hehehe!!!
1. That I mastered the art of power napping... give me 5, 10, 15 minutes and I can go into power nap and snap out it fully recharged, well, at least that is the feeling I get. I unfortunately could use more discipline with sleeping. I tend to deprive my self with sleep. I should know better, but I have always been that way... sleep is down the bottom of my list to do...
Saturday, June 16, 2007
I don't have it quite together as a whole house but I have bits and pieces of it that I would like for it to have or to look like. I can say that I am a homebody. I prefer to be at home than out there . I work many stretch of days and sometimes I would also have stretch of days off. I can definitely stay home for many days and not run out of things to get busy with at home.
Every house I have lived in had been "personalized" so it is always hard to move out every time. I tend to pour out my energy into my home and Edenize it... hehehe!!!
Soooo, my dream house. As you look at it, is far away from the street. A circular driveway is always been a dream so there it is. In the middle of the circle is a round flower bed and in the middle of it is a big water fountain and around it are different colored flowers. The both sides of the properties are flowering trees of maybe Crepe Myrtle trees, Magnolia trees or Lilac trees or those Red Japanese Maple trees.
To get to the stained-glass double front doors, you walk through the portico... always dream of a house with a portico so there I have it. As you open the double door you come into a welcoming sitting area. I would like the middle of the house as a tranquil garden... The center of the house would be a common area wherein every room in the house has a door that lead out to that garden. Wouldn't that be neat??? There would be many plants and flowers. A pond and a waterfall that you can hear althrough the house when you open the windows.
Let me share these ideas and add more features later on... as I use my imagination!!!
Thursday, June 7, 2007
The Bible has two myths of creation ... the Genesis and the Adam and Eve theories. As we know, the second theory tells us the creation of Adam in the Garden of Eden in the company of animals and with the warning to not eat the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Adam was not happy, so God created Eve out of one of his ribs. It was Eve that ate the fruit at the urging of the serpent and she in turned talked Adam in doing the same. And so they were punished... Adam to toil for his living, and Eve to suffer pain in childbirth and the Garden of Eden banished.
This is not a Bible talk but a talk about men and women and the games they play in relationships. As I have shared before; I haven't had a lot of relationships to talk about. This talk is a mixture of personal experience and information I have read.
Anytime a man and a woman are together, the potential for magic or mayhem exists, we all know that. The man-woman thing is a game rather than a source or basis of identity. It is that exciting, spicy encounter, each plays a part, like an actor or actress on a stage acting out an ageless drama with a continuous new script.
Man-woman life then was simple. Women wanted, and men provided. In the olden times when chivalry was alive and well, women were definitely more feminine. They were happy to be female. They played their part with grace and ease. Men were heroic and romantic. They were happy to court women and women were delighted to be courted.
Over the past several decades, women have taken on more of the male roles. Maybe it is time to move back to the way it was in the olden times. This would probably allow men to support women in moving things in the direction of the feminine. This might bring balance back to a world where the feminine energy is wanted and needed. I think that women need to allow men to be men, and encourage them to do more of what they do best. Men want women to know they are completely capable of producing whatever women want and need, as long as they are given the opportunity.
I think that when a woman expresses her wishes and desires, a man should take heed that those would be the times that he can win her over... by listening to her, paying close attention to what she says she would like. The domino effect on the relationship is tremendous when a man plays hero for the woman. I think a man helping a woman discover her desires could benefit him the most because she is a much happier woman with a heart overflowing with love for him.
As we all know, we were not created different by accident. The plan has always been perfect, but we have resisted the perfection of our differences. This resistance has been the source of the majority of man-woman breakdowns.
In order to move efficiently around each other's game board, each one has to recognize that women are better than men in the area of desire, and men are more effective than women in producing to satiate those desires. K.C. book states that ... "to try to exist on love is like trying to make a meal out of salt. Yet the seasoning is important. The goal, is to recognize its significance, activate it in life, perfect the arts of playing the game, and do so when it is appropriate." Sounds simple enough and yet man-woman breakdowns happen quite a bit.